Thursday, April 26, 2007

Light My Fire

Aisling is back for another encore this time in London, England. She has moved in with her guardian mentor and she is still finding it hard to be a Demon lord, Guardian and a Wyvern's mate all at the same time. Things are still not good between Drake and Aisling since she left him in Budapest. Drake shows up in London and she soon finds out that her presence at a Sept meeting is required and as Drakes mate and she must show up.

Rene again shows up to take his cousin's place for a third time which now really makes her even more suspicious of him. Also Aisling has the whole imp nation after her because Jim, her little demon sidekick, ate their monarch by accident. It also doesn't help that attempts have been made on her life. Drake will probably want to protect her which is the way he is being a wyvern. It looks like war will break out and all hell is about to break loose.

Katie MacAlister packs action, romance and comedy together to make a wonderful book. It held my attention very well and I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen next. It was a wonderfully captivating addition to the series. When the next book in the series Holy Smokes comes out in November of 2007 I will be sure to pick it up for my collection.

She pointed at a rat that peeked out from under a stack of garbage. "Draw a binding ward on that rat."
"Ok."I took a deep breath, and focused, and drew a symbol in the air that would when combined with my force of will, bind the rat to the spot.
The ward glowed red in the air for a second, then faded into nothing. The rat gave a squeak of surprise as it tried to scurry away. I started to turn away but, a slight flicker caught my eye. To my surprise, fire suddenly flared to life in the form of the ward I'd just drawn, sending the rat beneath it into a frenzy of horror.
"Oh, my god!" I ran over, ignoring my dislike of rodents to snatch the rat out of harm's way, swatting out the fire after I released the terrified rat. "I had no idea! I didn't see any fire with the blight hounds but the one on the furniture..."

No comments: