Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dead and Dateless

If you like vampires and werewolves with a bit of murder and mystery and just a touch of comedy then Dead and Dateless is the book for you. Kimberly Raye takes the Paranormal and these other components and mixes them together with just the right touch of comedy that is sure to leave you in stitches.

Dead and Dateless is about a five hundred year old vampire named Lil Marchette that runs a dating service for the normal and paranormal. When one of her clients ends up dead and, I mean the not coming back kind of dead, Lil turns out to be the prime suspect for the case. Lil couldn't bite someone if her life depended on it. She would prefer her blood to come from a bottle. If that wasn't enough for her to deal with she has a set of customers, well you might want to call them a pack of customers, that need mates before the full moon wanes. She must also find out who the killer is along with dealing with her own midnight fantasies of a vampire/bounty hunter named Ty Bonner and maybe make stake a claim on her own true love.

Kimberly Raye will take you on a fun ride with Dead and Dateless. It has such vivid action that I felt as if I was right there in the middle of the story with Lil. Just when you think you have the mystery solved Kimberly turns it around on you. You will be pleasantly surprised with this story, I know I was. This author is on my must by list.

"Neither do we. There are a total of fifty-two members of our organization, nearly half of whom have mates and don't need your services. I'm here on behalf of the single, uncommitted, aging NUNS. Unlike you vamps, we only have a small window for procreation fifty years to be exact. Desperation always makes one less choosy. Besides, male werewolves are bossy and overbearing and extremely territorial. You have their child and bam, they're ready to pee on every tree in your front yard. While I wouldn't mind of I found the right male werewolf, I haven't and I seriously doubt I'm going to in the next two weeks."
"Why not just go to a sperm bank?"
"We ovulate during an actual sexual encounter. Our reproductive system requires a barrage of stimuli. One can't kiss or touch or nibble a turkey baster dear."
"I see your point."

No comments: